Asset Tranfer Request for Gigha Ferry Terminal car park
Further information about Gigha Ferry Terminal Car Park
- UPRN Reference PV03504400001
- Organisation making request - Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust
This Decision Notice relates to the asset transfer request made by
the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust in resepct of Gigha Ferry Terminal Car Park on the 14 December 2018.
Argyll and Bute Council has decided to refuse the request.
The reasons for this decision are as follows:
In terms of Section 82(5) of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 the reasonable grounds for refusal of the request are:
- The request or accompanying documentation was not sufficiently robust to give confidence that the plans and benefits will be achieved
- The proposal at a nil capital consideration is not reasonable having regard to the loss of a strategic asset required to deliver the existing lifeline ferry services between Gigha and the mainland;
- The benefits to be achieved by the request would be outweighed by the current/alternative proposal:
- It is considered that there are potential alternatives which would provide the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust with the access they require to the proposed site