Asset Tranfer Request for Land at Kilmory Home Farm
Further information about Land at Kilmory Home Farm request
- UPRN Reference PV08206180001
- Organisation making request –Kilmory Woodlands
This Decision Notice relates to the asset transfer request made by
Kilmory Woodlands in respect of Land at Kilmory Home Farm on 14 June 2019.
Argyll and Bute Council has decided to refuse the request.
The reasons for this decision are as follows:
In terms of Section 82(5) of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 the reasonable grounds for refusal of the request are:
- The request was not sufficiently robust to give confidence that the plans and benefits will be achieved. The request has not adequately identified relevant costs or how the project will be funded in the future.
- There is currently no access to the site which is crucial to its development.
- The asset is integral to the development of the Kilmory Industrial Estate as set out in the Council’s Concept Framework Master Plan 2015. The benefits to be achieved by the request would be outweighed by the proposal potentially adversely affect and jeopardise the development of the Kilmory Industrial Estate.
- The consideration of the project related benefits within the asset transfer request was weak.
Full details can be viewed on the Further info link page