How to apply for a Disabled Person’s Parking Place
In order to be eligible to apply for a disabled person’s parking place to be created near your home, you firstly need to be a Blue Badge holder. Please note the disabled person’s parking place is not allocated to a specific person and may be used by anyone who has a Blue Badge. It may not be possible to create a disabled person’s parking place in some areas because of the disruption this will cause to local traffic.
The applicant must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Have a valid disabled person's badge (Blue Badge)
- Have a permanent medical condition which affects mobility
- Either be the driver of a private vehicle or be assisted by a carer who is the driver of a private vehicle, provided that the carer lives at the address stated [Note: you must also provide a copy of the Vehicle Registration Document V5 – failure to do so will mean we cannot process the application]
- The vehicle must be kept at the address stated in the application form
- There is normally difficulty in obtaining a parking space on the public road
- It is not possible to construct a driveway or other hardstanding area adjacent to the property
If you think you meet these requirements and wish to apply for a disabled parking place to be created near your home, please apply online using this form.
You can also download the application form and once completed forward to the Traffic and Development Section, Argyll & Bute Council, 1A Manse Brae, Lochgilphead PA31 8RD.