Using your Blue Badge

How do I report a lost, damaged or stolen badge?

You can report a lost or stolen badge online.

What you need:

  • If you have lost your badge or it has been stolen you need to provide either a lost property slip or a crime reference number, these are issued by the police.
  • There is a £20 administration charge for lost or stolen badges and your current badge will be cancelled. Further use of a cancelled badge would be a criminal offence subject to a maximum £1000 fine.

If your Blue Badge is damaged then bring the damaged badge and the £20 administration fee to your local customer service point and we will request a replacement.

How do I return a blue badge that has expired or is no longer required?

Blue badges can be returned to your local customer service point or posted to: Blue Badge Team, Burnet Building, St John Street, Campbeltown, PA28 6BJ

How do I report a suspected fraudulent user?

If you would like to report someone who you suspect is using a Blue Badge which they are not entitled to please contact our Fraud Team.

Low Emission Zones (LEZs) exemption for Blue Badge Holders

Low Emission Zones (LEZs) are being introduced to stop the most polluting vehicles entering an area, which improves air quality and helps to protect public health.

Areas included will be in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Glasgow be going live first on 1 June 2023.

LEZs operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year round (including all Public Holidays such as Christmas Day and Boxing Day).

Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras are linked to local and national vehicle licencing databases, to monitor all vehicles driving in a LEZ. They will detect vehicles which do not comply with the emission standards.

The Blue Badge holders will be exempt, this covers:

  • A vehicle being driven by any person who is in receipt of a blue badge.
  • A passenger in the vehicle who has been issued with a blue badge.
  • A vehicle is being driven with a blue badge which has been issued to an organisation.

If you are eligible for a Blue Badge holder exemption, you will need to register on or before the day of travelling. Please see the Low Emission Zones website for further information.

The Vehicle Checker is now live on the official LEZ website which allows members of the public to enter their vehicle registration number to check if their vehicle will comply with LEZ standards.

More information on the Blue Badge exemption can be found on the Blue Badge Exemption page of the official LEZ website.

Can I use my Blue Badge in the European Union?

Since the United Kingdom has left the European Union you will need to check with each country of their conditions of using a blue badge in each EU country.  Guidance is available on the website

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.