Last Updated: 21 November 2017 - 11:02
You can read our Disclaimer which relates to content on the Argyll and Bute Council Web site and on Web sites we may link to, but do not operate.
If you are having problems viewing any downloadable documents see our Accessibility Limitations statement. You can also view our Copyright Statement - this relates to information on this site and our policy on reproducing any of that information.
If you want to see how the Council treats any information you submit via this Web site, please view our Data Protection statement.
This Web site is operated and controlled by Argyll and Bute Council. Its head office is located at: Kilmory, Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute, PA31 8RT
In terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, Argyll and Bute Council is the data controller of personal data (information relating to identifiable living individuals) collected or obtained by or through this Web site.
Personal data collected through this Web site will processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Argyll and Bute Council is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as a data controller (notification number Z5909574), the register entry can be inspected at the Information Commissioners Website.
Through the Hotjar tracking code embedded on our website, the information collected includes:
- The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device's IP address (collected and stored in an anonymised format)
- device screen size
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
Our servers automatically record information which is created upon using Hotjar. Data includes:
- referring domain
- pages visited
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display the webpage
- date and time when website pages were accessed.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and help us create a more useful and easy to use site. Google Analytics uses several small text files called 'cookies' which are saved on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour. The data collected is completely anonymous and does not store any personal details.
The information, collected by Google through the use of the cookie (including your IP address), is used to analyse how visitors make use of the website and allows Argyll and Bute Council to gather statistical information such as website activity, visitor numbers, popular pages etc.
If you would like to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics you can use the Opt out tool at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Website Take-up Service
This cookie is set by our Website customer survey system, Socitm Insight Website take-up service (WTS) to determine whether a customer has participated in the WTS survey on a subscriber's website or has rejected taking part. The survey uses this information to prevent the same customer using the same user account on the same computer from being asked to participate in the survey again during the current survey year. The only use made of the cookies is to prevent customers being invited to participate multiple times in the same survey. They contain no personally identifiable information.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Capita payment facility
This cookie is essential for the correct functioning of the Capita payment application. It is deleted when you close your browser.
LocalVIew Fusions mapping system
This cookie is used to return you to the last place you looked at on a map. We are currently working with the supplier of this system to make this cookie optional.
(Meeting Minutes and Agendas)
This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
|HotJarHotJar cookies are used to remember whether you have taken part in a survey or poll. To opt out of Hotjar please go to the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out||https://www.hotjar.com|
|_hjClosedSurveyInvites||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor interacts with a Survey invitation modal popup. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not re-appear if it has already been shown.||365 days|
|_hjDonePolls||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor completes a poll using the Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the same poll does not re-appear if it has already been filled in.||365 days|
|_hjMinimizedPolls||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor minimizes a Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimizes when the visitor navigates through your site.||365 days|
|_hjDoneTestersWidgets||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor submits their information in the Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the same form does not re-appear if it has already been filled in.||365 days|
|_hjMinimizedTestersWidgets||Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set once a visitor minimizes a Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimizes when the visitor navigates through your site.||365 days|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Hotjar cookie. This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.||365 days|
|Allows participation in 'co-browsing' support sessions with an Argyll and Bute Council Service Centre Agent|
If you would like to know more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Online Bookings and Payments
Argyll and Bute Council makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about:-
- any of the content of this Web site (including, without limitation, the quality, accuracy,
completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other Web site referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this Web site ("third party site")
We have included documents on this site that use technologies and features that may cause accessibility issues. These include some of our PDF downloadable documents. We are making every effort to overcome these limitations through improvements to accessibility, but if you need alternative versions of our downloadable documents on this page (such as plain text or braille) or if you experience accessibility problems with them, please contact us on 01546 604472 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise specified, the contents of these pages are copyright © Argyll and Bute Council 2014. You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from this Web site for your personal use. You may also re-copy downloaded extracts to others provided you do not do so for profit. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited unless for personal use. None of the content of this Web site may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other Web site, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether a hard copy, electronic or other). The Ordnance Survey mapping included within this web site is provided by Argyll and Bute Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey in order to fulfil its public function to publicise and provide directions/information to the local public. Persons viewing this mapping should contact Ordnance Survey copyright for advice where they wish to licence Ordnance Survey mapping/map data for their own use. For the avoidance of doubt, framing of this site or any part of it is not permitted without express permission.
Data Protection Act 1998
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) regulates the processing of personal data, that is information about and relating to, living identifiable individuals. As a data controller, Argyll and Bute Council is obliged to ensure that all processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with this legislation. These obligations are met by compliance with the eight data protection principles laid down in the DPA and ensuring that all processing is notified to the Information Commissioner. Further information may be found by visiting the Information Commissioners Website.
Fair Processing Notice
Who may process your personal data?
The information which you provide on this website may be processed by Argyll and Bute Council or our agents, as data controller for any of the purposes specified in our registration above. Capita business solutions PLC may process financial information supplied by you in accordance with their contract with this council.
What will your personal data be used for?
The personal data that you provide will generally be used to in order to progress or improve service delivery, or to fulfil the councils statutory obligations e.g. to process your notification of a change of address. The information may also be used for other legitimate purposes e.g. housing and benefits administration.
Will the Council use your personal data for any other purpose?
The Council is under an obligation to manage public funds properly. Accordingly, the information that you provide may be used to ensure all sums due to the Council are paid timeously, e.g. by identifying persons who are non-payers of Council Tax and to improve uptake of benefits. It may also be used to notify or consult you in relation to changes in services.
Will the Council disclose your personal data to anyone else?
Where permitted by law, or where your consent has been obtained, information may be shared with other Councils, governmental and quasi-governmental bodies. By completing and submitting this form you consent to the use of your personal data including, where appropriate, sensitive personal data.
You have a right to apply for a copy of the information we hold about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected. The set fee (where applicable) will be charged. Should you wish to exercise this right, your request must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer, Argyll & Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RT.
1. You are responsible for keeping your user name (e-mail address) and password secret and safe to prevent unauthorised viewing of Your Account. If you suspect this has been compromised you will need to change Your Details within the service or cancel the service and re-register. The Council shall take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
2. Information regarding your last statement is shown at the date the statement was produced and is subject to change. If you have any queries you should contact us using the Contact Us form within the Your Forms area of the service. You are reminded that payments are due as advised on the dates shown.
3. Although we take steps to ensure our websites and links are virus-free, you are advised to ensure that you have adequate anti-virus protection on your computer.
4. Access to the service may sometimes be unavailable due to maintenance. It can also be affected by your Internet Service Provider, your dial-up connection and your PC. If you experience connection difficulties you are advised to retry accessing the service.
5. Payments made through the Council's Internet payment service will normally be credited to your account up to two business days after they are made online. You should bear this in mind, and also check the exact amount you are paying is correct
6. Unauthorised access to Your Account to specific account detail level contravenes the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and may incur criminal penalties as well as damages. Please proceed only if you are an authorised user.
7. Personal data held in respect of your accounts is held in accordance with Data Protection Act 1998.
8. By registering for Your Account and linking available services you agree to any correspondence issued by the Council in respect of these services to be made available online and as such paper copies will not be sent out by post.