BUILDING STANDARDS CUSTOMER CHARTER
We will try to help all our customers access the service they need or answer their query the first time they contact us.
Our Customer Charter outlines information on the standards of service that we aim to provide
We welcome your views on our service delivery through our Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire
To help us improve our service deliver, customer input is welcomed through our Service Improvement Suggestion Form. Our Service Improvement Log identifies areas of service improvement developed in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
Building Standards are keen to interact and assist all service users and to this end have created a working protocol with our local Accessibility Forum Group.
We aim to have regular user forums to communicate and interact with all our stakeholders.
- View our latest User Forum Presentation from June 2016
- View our latest User Forum Presentation from February 2015
- View our latest users forum presentation from October 2013
- User forum presentation from October 2012
- Presentation to Scottish Building Federation members and SELECT members September and November 2012
- User forum presentation from April 2012
On 17th March 2014 Argyll & Bute Building Standards held a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) event primarily designed for Building Standards Surveyors.
The event included presentations from Dr Paul Baker from Glasgow Caledonian University on Air tightness testing with pressurisation test results and Colin Hird and Jim McGonigal from the BSD on the technical Standards, Section 2 Fire
During February 2016 and March 2016 Argyll and Bute Building Standards held three Continuous Professional Development (CPD) events, primarily designed for Building Standards Surveyors.
The first of these events on 'Building Technology From First Principles' was held on the 23rd February 2016 and included presentations on Introduction to Eurocodes EC 0,1,2,3 & 5 from Dr Martin Cullen and Loft Conversions and Domestic Extensions: Part 1: Introduction from Dr Bill Hay both from Glasgow Caledonian Uniiversity.
The second event on 'SUDS and Urban Drainage' was held on March 9th 2016 and included presentations from Neil McLean, WSP-Parsons Brinkerhoff on The Basics and using the right SUDS in the right place, Legislation and Policy, SUDS Guidance, Some Details and Options, What we dont want to look out for and use of proprietary products, Case Studies, The SUDS Life-Cycle and SUDS Tools.
The third event on 'Building Maintenance - Building Pathology' was held on the 23rd March 2016 and included presentations on Building Maintenance and Pathology from Jim Castle and on Section 6 - Energy from Dr Mark Phillipson both from Glasgow Caledonian University.
We issue newsletters to our regular users. If you wish to be added to our distribution list, please email us.
- June 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- August 2016 - Notification re eBuilding Standards SGov Portal
- May 2016
- December 2015
- Sept 2015
- June 2015
- December 2014
- June 2014
- December 2013
- August 2013
- May 2013
- December 2012
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REPORT (PREVIOUSLY REFERRED TO AS BALANCED SCORECARD
Our balanced scorecard is our business plan ensuring that we operate our service in a customer friendly way in line with Argyll and Bute’s Council’s strategic aims.
- Annual Performance Report
- Balanced Scorecard 2016-17 Quarter 4 Jan - Mar
- Balanced Scorecard 2016-17 Quarter 3 Oct - Dec
- Balanced Scorecard 2016-17 Quarter 2 July - Sept
- Balanced Scorecard 2016-17 Quarter 1 Apr - June
- Balanced Scorecard 2015-16 Quarter 4 Jan - Mar
- Balanced Scorecard 2015-16 Quarter 3 Oct - Dec
- Balanced Scorecard 2015-16 Quarter 2 July - Sept
- Balanced Scorecard 2015-16 Quarter 1 Apr - June
- Balanced Scorecard 2014-15 Quarter 4 Jan - Mar
- Balanced Scorecard 2014-15 Quarter 3 Oct - Dec
- Balanced Scorecard 2014-15 Quarter 2 July - Sept
- Balanced Scorecard 2014-15 Quarter 1 Apr - June
- Balanced Scorecard 2013-14
- Balanced Scorecard 2012-13
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PLANS
Our Continuous Improvement Plan is an integral part of our business plan and provides details of our ongoing service improvement strategy.
- Continuous Improvement Plan 2016_17 Quarter 4 Jan - Mar
- Continuous Improvement Plan 2016-17 Quarter 3 Oct - Dec
- Continuous Improvement Plan 2016-17 Quarter 2 July - Sept
- Continuous Improvement Plan 2016-17 Quarter 1 Apr - June
- Continuous Improvement Plan 2015-16 Quarter 4 Jan - Mar
- Continuous Improvement Plan 2015-16 Quarter 3 Oct -Dec
REPORT ON SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT VERIFICATION AUDIT 30 SEPTEMBER - 1 OCTOBER 2008
This is the report of an audit of the verification function of Argyll & Bute Council's Building Standards Service carried out on 30 September and 1 October 2008.
REPORT ON SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT NATIONAL VERIFIER CUSTOMER SURVEY 2014-15
This is the Building Standard Verification on Customer Survey Report prepared by Pye Tait Consulting for the Scottish Government for period 2015-16
Argyll and Bute Council's Building Standards Team has 5 main performance reporting targets.