Business rates

Non Domestic Rates or Business rates are a property based tax. Rates are charged on all business properties.

How to pay

Contact us:

Non Domestic Rates Team
Financial Services
Kintyre House
Snipefield Industrial Estate
PA28 6SY

Phone: 01586 555249

There are several ways you can pay business rates, if you have any enquiries about paying your rates you can call us

  • Set up a direct debit download and complete the direct debit mandate form (pdf) and return it to: Argyll and Bute Council, Financial Services, Kintyre House, Snipefield Industrial Estate, Campbeltown PA28 6SY
  • Online – you can make a payment to your account using a debit or credit card (choose the Non Domestic Rates option on the page)
  • On the phone – call 01546 605515 to make a payment by phone using a debit or credit card
  • By Post - Payments to Argyll and Bute Council, Financial Services, Kintyre House, Snipefield Industrial Estate, Campbeltown PA28 6SY
  • Cheque or Postal Orders - should be crossed “A/C Payee Only” and made payable to Argyll and Bute Council
  • At any Bank - Complete the Bank Giro Credit form provided and present the entire notice with payment to any Bank


With effect from 1 April 2022 the default payment method for Non Domestic Rates is changing from twice yearly to 10 monthly instalments.  Payment should be made monthly from May to February.  The payment date of each instalment will be the 7th of the month.  The easiest and most effective way to make payment will be by Direct Debit and you can do this by completing a Direct Debit Mandate using the above link.

Failure to Pay

If your instalment is not received by the due date, a Reminder Notice will be issued.  If you fail to pay the Reminder amount within seven days, you lose the right to pay by instalments and the full outstanding balance will become due and payable within a further seven days. If you then fail to pay the outstanding balance, an application will be made for a Summary Warrant and 10% statutory addition will be added to your account. The debt will be passed to Walker Love, Sheriff Officers for collection.  Failure to make a payment arrangement with Walker Love will mean further fees being incurred as a charge for payment and possible diligence fees.

Change of address

If you wish to notify us of a change of address or a change in tenancy / ownership of your business property, please either complete the online change of address / tenancy form, or download the change of address / tenancy form (pdf 33 KB), and return it to us at the address above.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.