Note: the word ‘benefit’ is used to describe orders placed through the individual schemes
Your Personal Data
What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ for the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for ensuring personal data is managed in accordance with data protection legislation, can be contacted at Legal and Regulatory Support, Argyll and Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT.
Telephone: 01546 605522
The information we collect from you will include details such as, name and address, date of birth, email address, telephone/mobile number, gender, department/place of work, employee number, NI number, lower/higher rate taxpayer, benefit amount.
We only collect personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (also known as ‘sensitive personal data) such as racial or ethnic origin, political beliefs, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Why we need this information?
Your information is being collected for the following purpose(s):-
1) To process your application to receive a benefit offered by the Employee Benefit scheme operated by Vivup on behalf of the Council. Any data being provided to third parties will only include what is necessary to allow the order to be fulfilled.
2) To inform employees about the benefits available by sending emails or letters.
3) To verify the identity of an employee by presenting the details of the employee for the Employer to compare them against their payroll record;
4) To prepare and create records for payroll processing by presenting the employee information in a format that can be used to import into the payroll system at the Employer;
5) To providing management information to Quarterly Review Meetings as part of the contract monitoring process
If you do not provide this information then we will be unable to process your application to receive a benefit offered by the Employee Benefit scheme operated by Vivup on behalf of the Council. We will not collect any personal data from you that isn’t needed for delivery of those services.
The lawful basis for collecting your information in these circumstances is:-
Article 6(1)(a) - Consent – you have given us your consent to process your personal data when making an application to the scheme.
What we will do with your information?
In order to provide this service to you, we will share your information with the categories of organisations listed below for the purposes specified:
- Vivup- the company contracted to operate the Employee benefit scheme on behalf of the Council.
- Information is only shared with third parties in the process of fulfilment of a service for the employee e.g. delivery of goods ordered.
- HMRC in compliance with legal obligations.
- Regulatory and law enforcement bodies in compliance with legal obligations.
When you do not provide information directly to us, we may receive it from Vivup - the company contracted to operate the Employee Benefit scheme on behalf of the Council.
All of the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in the United Kingdom. You should also be aware that your data will be stored on servers located in within the United Kingdom; the data will not be processed outside the European Union. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this can be requested from the Data Protection Officer.
How long will we keep your information?
The data will only be retained for the duration of the contract between the Council and Vivup. At the end of the contract period, the data will be returned to the Council either using secure electronic transfer or encrypted media. All copies of data held by Vivup will be destroyed following confirmed receipt by the council and a destruction certificate issued. More information on our retention policy and procedure can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer if required.
Automated Decision Making
Automated Decision Making is not used for any of the purposes identified above.
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the lawful basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office – see below for details
- to request access to your personal data – please contact the Data Protection Officer if you wish to submit a request.
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as far as the legislation permits – please contact the Data Protection Officer and provide details of what data you wish to be rectified or erased.
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland, 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115 Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk