A new Hardship Fund is available for businesses who continue to face challenges from the impact of Covid.
Applications open today, 9 September 2021 with grants awarded on a first come, first served basis. The closing date for application is 15 September 2021.
Apply online at /discretionary-hardship-fund-businesses
Applicants need to demonstrate the following criteria:
· The business will suffer hardship if no support is awarded
· The business is viable going forward
· The circumstances are exceptional and COVID related
There are 3 levels of grant award:
- £2,000 for businesses with no employees
- £5,000 for businesses with 1- 9 employees
- £10,000 for businesses with 10 or more employees
Councillor Robin Currie, Leader of Argyll and Bute Council:
“We understand the toll the impact has taken on many of our local businesses and want to help support ongoing recovery. If you are thinking about applying, don’t miss out and submit your application as soon as possible.”
The funding comes from £2.4 million of Scottish Government funding allocated to the council.
The council has already awarded over £1.9 million to businesses, and approved the Argyll and Bute COVID Business Hardship Fund to distribute the remaining funds as the area begins to move out of COVID restrictions.
For more information on the criteria /discretionary-hardship-fund-businesses