Rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing is available now in Helensburgh for people without symptoms.
The community testing initiative aims to drive down local COVID-19 rates and transmission by identifying positive cases more quickly, as people can spread the virus to others before symptoms appear.
Residents who don’t have any of the three COVID symptoms (a new continuous cough, temperature, loss or change in sense of taste or smell) are encouraged to get tested.
There is no need to book. Testing will be available Tuesday to Saturday, 10am – 4pm in the Church Hall, Colquhoun Square, Helensburgh G84 8UP.
(Please note: the testing centre in Helensburgh has moved since the issue of this news release - it is now located at Victoria Halls, Sinclair Street, Helensburgh)
This site is only for people without symptoms. Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms should book a test in the usual way via nhsinform.scot or by calling 0300 303 2713.
Residents will be tested using lateral flow devices, which can give people their results in around 45 minutes. Any positive cases will then be confirmed by PCR test.
Anyone who receives a positive test result will be asked to self-isolate. Support is available to anyone who needs to self-isolate. To find out more about the help available please see hwww.argyll-bute.gov.uk/coronavirus/how-to-get-tested, or call 01546 605524 (available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
More advice and information on support for people who need to self-isolate is available from nhsinform.scot / and www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/coronavirus/how-to-get-tested
• Anyone with the symptoms of COVID-19 – a new continuous cough, temperature, loss or change in sense of taste or smell should go online to nhsinform.scot to book a test or call 0300 303 2713/0800 028 2816 if you cannot get online.
• How to self-isolate effectively – Information and support for people who are asked to self-isolate because of COVID-19.
• Remember FACTS for a safer Scotland:
- F – Face coverings
- A – Avoid crowded places
- C – Clean your hands regularly
- T – Two metre distance
- S – Self isolate and book a test if you have symptoms