The fund is open to any small businesses and the self-employed based in Argyll and Bute who have suffered from the impacts of the pandemic and who have been ineligible for any COVID-19 related business support funds launched since 1 October 2020.
- be a micro or small business (fewer than 50 employees)
- be either a Limited Company, Partnership, Sole Trader, Trust, Community Interest Company or Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- be able to quantify their reduction in turnover since March 2020 due to COVID
- confirm their business was trading at 17 March 2020 and is either open and operating in a reduced capacity or temporarily closed due to COVID
- not be in receipt of an enforcement notice as a result of breaching COVID Regulations
- be registered for NDR or Council Tax at an Argyll and Bute address
- self-employment, if applicable, must provide at least 33% of total income for the applicant (prior to COVID)
The fund provides grants up to a maximum of £6,000. It is open for applications from 22 February and closes on 19 March 2021. The first payments will be made from 5 April 2021.
You can find more details on who is eligible and how to apply on the council website