Purpose of the grant
The Discretionary Fund provides assistance to small businesses and the self-employed based in Argyll and Bute who are facing short-term financial challenges as a result of COVID restrictions, and who have not been in receipt of any of the COVID related business support announced by the Scottish Government since 1 October 2020.
The Fund is focussed on the businesses who need short-term financial help to continue actively trading. It cannot be used to replace lost income for a business that still has sufficient cash reserves to meet its needs.
Please send any enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you start
To be eligible, your business must be:
- Must not be in receipt of any grant monies from Scottish Government COVID grant funds launched since 1 October 2020
- Based in Argyll and Bute
- Business/self-employment must provide at least 20% of total income for the applicant (prior to COVID)
- Business with fewer than 250 employees and either a Limited Company, Partnership, Sole Trader, Trust, Community Interest Company or Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Income in the year ending 31 March 2021 must be at least 10% less than income in the year ending 31 March 2020 unless the business is a new business and was not trading in the year ended 31 March 2020
- Must confirm that the business was trading was either trading at 17 March 2020 or is a new business established between 17 March 2020 and 1 October 2020 (inclusive)
- Must confirm that funding is required to help the business continue trading as opposed to replacing lost income for a business that still has sufficient cash reserves to meet current needs.
- Not in receipt of an enforcement notice as a result of breaching COVID-19 Regulations
- Must be registered for NDR (if have business premises) or Council Tax (if home or mobile based) at an Argyll and Bute address
- Not applied for support from any other Local Authority Discretionary Fund
- Business is not connected to a tax haven, as set out in the coronavirus (Scotland) (No 2) Act 2020
If you believe that you are eligible please proceed to the next stage of this application form. You will need to have the following documents/information ready to upload with your application:
- Proof of business type: either: Certificate of Incorporation, Partnership agreement, HMRC Registration showing UTR, Self-assessment documents, valid business insurance policy document, Trust Constitution documents, VAT registration
- Recent business bank account statement (or personal bank account by exception) in the name of the business (or applicant for personal)
- Your latest accounts or 2019-20 tax return (except if you are a new business)
- Proof of address (if your business is home or mobile based)
- A summary of the financial impact of COVID on your business and the need for assistance
Closing date for applications 16th May 2021. We will be assessing applications after this date.