The rules are changing for some of the non-essential businesses re-opening on Monday 5 April.
Hairdressers and barbers
- From Monday, 5 April, hairdressers and barbers must, by law, provide services exclusively by appointment and for a specified time;
- Please advise customers to arrive only when their chair is available - they should not wait in the premises; and
- No services may be offered which require a face covering to be removed. For gentlemen, this means no beard trims or shaves can be offered just yet, even if you’re exempt from the face covering requirement.
Click and collect retail
Click and collect rules are changing on Monday 5 April for every retailer that isn’t permitted to open their doors to customers. “Permitted collection” rules now apply to everyone. Therefore, businesses offering click and collect services must by law:
- Put in place a staggered appointment system with a gap between each appointment; and
- Limit access to the premises only to the extent necessary to provide the service.
More guidance for retail businesses can be found on the Scottish Government website.