L is for licences

Did you know that the council deals with licences for a variety of things? From driving a taxi, busking and erecting scaffolding to selling alcohol, running a pet shop and window cleaning.

Susan Mair is the council’s Legal Manager. Talking about taxi operator licences in Argyll and Bute, she said: “Before anyone becomes a taxi driver there are a number of requirements that must be met. Our priority is to ensure that all these are in place before the applicat...ion is considered.

“A copy of all applications are sent to Police Scotland and notices are placed on area notice boards with the applicant’s details to enable objections or representations.

“It’s a really interesting job and the team does a great job. It’s good to know that we’re helping people to get into employment and that they are in turn helping members of the public to get around more easily.”

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.