Emergency contact numbers

When our offices are closed, these are the contact numbers to use in an emergency:

Our normal opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm (except for public holidays).




Further information
Social work services 01631 566491
01631 569712
Social care and health information
Homelessness 0345 056 5457
Further information on homelessness
Housing repairs 0800 028 2755 Repairs to housing association homes
Local and minor roads or lighting defects 0800 373 635 Report a fault on the road
Trunk road defects 0800 028 1414 Report a fault on the Bear Scotland website
Dangerous buildings or other public health emergency Police Scotland - 101 Further information on dangerous buildings

Like us to on Facebook keep up to date with the latest alerts about weather and transport in Argyll and Bute

Follow us on twitter for Council news and updates, particularly during emergencies

In the case of an electricity emergency or a power cut:

If your electricity supplier  is Scottish and Southern Energy, you can call them on 0800 300 999. They provide advice on their website on what do if your power goes off.

If your supplier is Scottish Power, contact SP Energy Networks on 0800 092 9290 or visit their website for help and advice

If you have a problem with your water supply or the water in your area, you should contact Scottish Water on 0800 0778 778, or see the Scottish Water website for more information.

101 is the new number to contact Police Scotland that replaces other existing non-emergency numbers. This is for the public to call when they want to get through to the police when it's less urgent than 999. It should be used to report less urgent crime, to contact the police with a general enquiry, or to speak to a local officer. For example:

  • If a car has been stolen
  • property has been damaged
  • to report suspected drug use or dealing
  • reporting minor traffic collisions
  • to give information about a crime in your area
  • or simply to speak to a local police officer

In an emergency the advice is always to phone 999 - e.g. when an immediate response is needed because a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, or someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.