What is Lochgilphead CARS?
Lochgilphead Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) is a heritage-led regeneration project that offers grant funding to property owners to assist with the repair of their historic buildings within the designated grant area.
The project is jointly funded by Historic Environment Scotland and Argyll and Bute Council and will run from the 1st April 2020 until the 31st March 2026.
How much money is available?
The total grant fund available is over £1.3 million.
Am I Eligible?
Please check the map to see if your property is within the Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme boundary.
If your property is within the boundary area, and you want to apply for a grant, please see our Grants page for more information on the types of grants available and how to apply
The Main Objectives of the Project
Argyll and Bute Council have recognised a need for greater economic development and regeneration activities within Lochgilphead. The Lochgilphead CARS will complement all of the prior investment and link all of the regeneration activity within the town including the Lochgilphead Front Green.
The main objectives of the Lochgilphead CARS are to:
- Safeguard Lochgilphead’s historic buildings
- Support economic and social enhancement
- Support local businesses by providing grant funding for shopfront improvements and other initiatives to encourage people to visit the town centre
- Complement other regeneration activity and investment in Lochgilphead and Ardrishaig
- Improve the long term approach to property maintenance
- Promote traditional skills by providing training opportunities for young people in the area
For all enquiries about grants and eligibility, and futher information, please contact the Lochgilphead CARS Project Officer
Lochgilphead CARS Project Officer
Phone: 01586 559049
Mobile: 07900 888784