Argyll and Bute Council has allocated £10,000 to a new shopfront improvement scheme in Dunoon. Businesses located within the designated grant area can apply for grants of up to 60% to carry out the following:
- Painting of shopfronts.
- Installation or replacement of shop fascia signs or the installation of hanging signs.
- Repair or reinstatement of architectural details such as; window mouldings, timber entrance doors, inner doors or timber panelled storm doors.
- Repairs to timber shopfronts.
- Installation, repair or replacement of canopies will be considered if valid reasons for their use can be shown.
- Repair or reinstatement of cornice, console brackets, or plinths etc.
- Other works will be considered on a case by case basis.
A map of the designated grant area can be found in the guidance notes.
What grants were available?
Major repairs including structural and external repairs of the fabric
35 Argyll Street was awarded a Priority Building Grant to comprehensively repair the fabric of the building. Work starts in March 2020
81 - 87 Argyll Street was awarded a Priority Building Grant to comprehensively repair the fabric of the building. Work starts in Summer 2020.
65 - 67 Argyll Street was awarded a Priority Building Grant to comprehensively repair the fabric of the building.
Works to repair the roof, rainwater goods, windows and stone are being carried out to make the building wind and watertight.
Such as the reinstatement of traditional features and shopfront detail
Kent’s of Dunoon received a new shopfront which complements their beautiful James Duncan tiled walls.
Gibson’s received a new shopfront which looks elegant and showcases their of wide variety of stock.
Bookpoint received a Shopfront Grant and works are underway to restore the beautiful curved shopfront.
Small repair grants
Minor repairs such as windows, structural repairs and rainwater goods - all grants are now in the process of being approved
For advice, please contact the Dunoon CARS Project Officer:
Dunoon CARS Project Manager
Phone: 01369 707121