How to register for Council Tax

Registration online, by phone, by post or in person.

If you are responsible for a property you must register for Council Tax regardless of whether or not you live there, or, are entitled to an exemption. The person who is liable for the property must be the person who pays the Council Tax.

You can register for Council Tax by –

Using our registration form

  • Phone: - 01546 605511
  • Post: - Argyll and Bute Council,
    Kintyre House,
    Snipefield Industrial Estate,
    PA28 6SY
  • In person: at your local customer service point

We will need to know:

  • the address you’re moving to
  • your previous address
  • the date you moved in or will be moving in
  • how many adults live, or will live in the property
  • the full names of everyone who should be liable for Council Tax
  • contact details in the form of an email address and phone number
  • the name and address of the previous owner (if you've bought the property)
  • the name and address of your landlord (if you're renting the property)

Council tax enquiries

Making the move to Argyll and Bute? We can help you make it work.  Visit our ABplace2b website for more information.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.