Before starting to complete the application form please ensure you have the following available:
- A copy of either your company’s Certificate of Incorporation, VAT Registration or letter from HMRC confirming your UTR number (Unique Tax Reference)
- Your Council Tax reference number (for your home address)
- Your Non-Domestic rates number (if you have business premises)
- A copy of your latest accounts, or if sole trader, your Self-Assessment tax return part SA302 showing income from self-employment.
- An outline of what type of expert help you are looking for and how you hope your business will benefit
- A copy of photographic ID confirming your name (either your passport or driving licence)
- Details of any public sector support your business has received in the last 3 years
If you have applied to Business Gateway after 20 June 2023 for either a Small Business Development Grant, Start-Up Grant or Trade Fair, Training or Accreditation Grant and have been issued with a Unique Reference Number for that application, you do not need to upload the same supporting documentation again for an Expert Help application.
When you have all the necessary information ready, start your application here.