- You must normally be resident in Argyll & Bute unless a specific request has been made
- You can be single, in a partnership or married
- You must be over 21 years of age
- You must be in reasonable health
- You will be eligible for membership of the PVG Scheme (New Disclosure Scotland Requirement for Foster Carers)
- You must have appropriate accommodation
- You must be able to promote the needs of children requiring placement
The period of time that the child/young person needs to be looked after can vary considerably and it is not always easy to predict the length of placement from the outset.
Children /young people who are away from their family environment are distressed, unsure and present quite challenging behaviour. This is where Carers have to pool their resources to help the children/young people settle down and feel reassured that people care about them.