Parking fine - Appeals

Lodge an appeal for a parking penalty online or by post.

If you wish to dispute a parking fine, you can do so by:

Completing our online form  (our payment form allows you to appeal a ticket)


writing to us (quoting the PCN number found on your ticket) at:

Argyll and Bute Council,
Parking Services,
PA31 8RT

If we receive an appeal either through our form or by post within 14 days of the date of issue of the fine, progression of the charge will be put on hold pending the determination of the appeal.

If the fine is not paid within 28 days (beginning on the date of issue) we will send a Notice to Owner (NtO) to the owner of the vehicle.

Owners details will be obtained from DVLA where necessary.

The NtO will request full payment of the fine but also explains how to dispute it.

If this is accepted, you will be told this. However, if it is rejected and you do not accept the decision, an appeal to an independent adjudicator can be made. Details of how to do this will be included with the rejection letter.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.