What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ in regard to the personal data you provide to us. The Council’s headquarters is at Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT. The Council’s Data Protection Officer is Iain Jackson who can be contacted at the above address or by email at email@example.com or by calling 01546 604188.
The information will include details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment details, and IP address.
Unless specifically agreed with you, we will only collect personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (also known as ‘sensitive personal data’).
Why we need this information?
You are giving us your personal information to allow us to provide ticket purchasing facilities, respond to queries, and provide updates and further support and information.
We need to know this information in order to:
- To provide you with these services we provide
- To provide you with the services you have requested
- To verify your identity where required
- To ensure secure payments and issue tickets
- To contact you by post, email or telephone; contact will only be made in regard to specific bookings, not for any other purpose
- To maintain our records.
If you do not provide this information then we will be unable to provide those services to you. We will not collect any personal data from you that isn’t needed for delivery of those services.
Our legal basis for processing your information:
- Contractual – the processing is necessary for verifying identity and payment for the provision of travel tickets and maintaining a secure user account on our systems.
In order to provide these services, we will share your information with the services or categories of organisations listed below for the purposes specified.
- Third party credit card processing companies, banks and anti-fraud services during the purchase process
- Other public bodies (and also receive information from these other bodies) for the purpose of preventing or detecting fraud
- Regulatory and law enforcement bodies in compliance with legal obligations.
UK or International Data Processing
All of the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in the United Kingdom. You should be aware however that your data will be stored on servers located in within the United Kingdom; the data will not be processed outside the European Union. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk ) or can be provided in paper format on request to your service contact – tel: 01631 569167 or 01546 604578, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will we keep your information?
We will usually keep your information for a maximum of 7 years, after this period it will be destroyed under secure arrangements if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. More information on our retention schedule is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided in paper format on request to your service contact - Tel: 01631 569167 or 01546 604578, email: email@example.com
Automated Decision Making
No automated decision making is used in providing this service.
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
- to request access to your personal data
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits.
The Council’s Data Protection Officer will ensure that personal information is handled in compliance with data protection law, contact details are noted in the first paragraph of this notice.
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115 Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk