Your Personal Data
What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ for the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for ensuring personal data is managed in accordance with data protection legislation, can be contacted as follows:
Address: Iain Jackson, Governance, Risk and Safety Manager, Argyll and Bute Council, Governance and Law, Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT.
Telephone: 01546 604188 or 01546 605522
Unless specifically agreed with you, we will only collect personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (also known as ‘sensitive personal data’). The information collected will be your name, address, e-mail address and personal mobile telephone number and/or personal home telephone number.
Why we need this information?
We need to know this basic personal data to be able to deliver the Campbeltown Flood Protection Scheme under the Flood Risk Management Act (Scotland) 2009.
Our legal basis for processing your information is Article 6(1)(a) – consent as property flood resilience products are required to be installed to your property as part of this scheme.
Article 6(1)(b) – Contractual necessity as you will be entering into an agreement with the Council in regard to the installed flood resilience products.
We will not collect any personal data from you that isn’t needed for the delivery of these activities.
What we will do with your information?
All the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in the European Union.
Your information will be shared with the recipients or categories of recipients below:
- Other sections within Argyll and Bute Council including Commercial Services, Legal and Regulatory Support and any other relevant council officers necessary to deliver property flood resilience products.
- Third party organisations appointed by Argyll and Bute Council for the delivery of Campbeltown flood protection scheme project
How long will we keep your information?
The information will be kept for a period of 1 year from the date of completion of the project to allow for consideration of any issues relating to the installation of the improvements at your property.
Automated Decision Making
The information you provide will not be used for automated decision making purposes.
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the lawful basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office – see below for details
- to request access to your personal data – please contact the Data Protection Officer if you wish to submit a request.
- to data portability, where the legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as far as the legislation permits – please contact the Data Protection Officer and provide details of what data you wish to be rectified or erased.
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115