Your Personal Data
What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ in regard to the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the Council’s headquarters is at Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
[School NAME] has made a decision to use Parent Booking by Netmedia to provide you with an online parents evening booking system. This means that personal information about you that you have previously provided in order to receive Education will be shared with this company. This information is contained in the General Education Privacy Notice which can be found on the Council website at https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection#privacy .
The personal data will include the following:
- Title, forename and surnames of parents/carers
- Email address and phone number of parent/carers
- Forename and surname of pupils/students
- Dates of birth of pupils/students
- Title, forename and surnames of teachers
- Any information which parents/carers enter in the comments box to teachers
- Usernames and passwords (if used)
- Translator/interpreter requirements
Why do Parents booking need this information?
Parents Booking is software that helps schools facilitate booking of online parents evenings and, if chosen by the school, to enable parents evenings to take place remotely by video link. There are benefits to the young person, parents/carers and the school in using this tool.
The legal basis for collecting your information in this circumstance is:
GDPR Article 6(1)(e) – Public Task on the basis of the legal obligation placed on the Education Authority to track and monitor pupil progress and to raise attainment in terms of the undernoted legislation:
- Education (Scotland) Act 1980
- Equality Act 2010
- Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006
What we will do with your information?
The information Parents Booking collects from you will be processed in Europe. Argyll and Bute Council has followed nationally agreed procedure to ensure Parents Booking provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection laws.
Your information will be shared with the recipients or categories of recipients as detailed below:
Who we will share with
Reason for Sharing
Parents Booking by Netmedia
To facilitate the easy online booking of parents evenings and video calling
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided in paper format on request to your School Support 01369 704000.
How long will Parents Booking keep your information?
Personal data will be held in Parents Evening for as long as the school is using the service. At the latest, a school whose subscription is expiring will have its data deleted permanently on the day of its expiry. More information on Argyll and Bute Council’s retention schedule is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided in paper format on request to School Support 01369 704000.
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- to request access to your personal data
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
If you would like this document in an alternative format, such as a hard copy, please contact [School Name] on [school phone number].
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.