Homes for Ukraine Privacy Notice
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ for the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for ensuring personal data is managed in accordance with data protection legislation, can be contacted as follows:
Address: Governance, Risk and Safety Manager, Argyll and Bute Council, Legal and Regulatory Support, Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT.
Telephone: 01546 605522
Why do we need this information?
Your information is being collected to use for the following purposes:
- To ensure all requirements are in place for resettled refugees arriving in Argyll and Bute
- To ensure that all relevant services are in contact with resettled refugees
- To ensure that the complex resettlement needs of refugees are met in year one
The information collected about you will include:
- Sponsor name and contact details
- Guest name and contact details
- Guest language and additional needs
Legal basis for processing
We rely on the following provision of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as the lawful basis for processing your personal data:
- GDPR Article 6 1(e) – processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Some checks may require the processing of special category data and criminal convictions data. The lawful bases for this processing are shown below:
- Special category data: GDPR Article 9 2(g) – processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
- Criminal convictions data: DPA 2018 Section 10(5) and Schedule 1, Part 2, Paragraph 6.
Relevant legislation: The Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, Section 20
What will we do with your information?
Your information will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
All of the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in the United Kingdom.
- Council Services including – Resettlement, Social Work, Housing, Education including schools, Transport, Finance, Welfare Advice
- NHS Highland
- Police Scotland
- Department of Work and Pensions (Jobcentre)
- Money Advice Services
- Registered Social Landlords
- Argyll College
- Argyll and Bute TSI
Your personal data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal obligation for us to do so.
You should also be aware that your data will be stored on servers located within the United Kingdom. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for a period of 1 year from the date of arrival, after this your personal information will be securely destroyed.
More information on our retention and disposal arrangements can be provided by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
Please note that you have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the Legal Basis specified above is Consent (not applicable)
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see contact details below)
- to request access to your personal data – please contact the Data Protection Officer if you wish to make a request
- to data portability, where the legal basis specified above is Consent (not applicable
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits.
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115
If you would like more information about the Ukrainian Resettlement Programme please contact
Morag Brown, Argyll and Bute Council