Property enquiry certificates

Details about property enquiry certificates and how to request them.

A Property Enquiry Certificate (PEC) is a document produced by the Council to bring together various pieces of information about the status of a property.

How to request a Property Enquiry Certificate

Requests for PECs should be addressed to:

Argyll and Bute Council, Committee Services, Legal and Regulatory Support, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, Argyll, PA31 8RT

All requests should be accompanied by a clear location plan and a cheque for £170.88 plus VAT (£205.05) made payable to Argyll and Bute Council.

We will aim to provide a response within 4 working days.

What is a Property Enquiry Certificate?

The information contained in the PEC is required for property transactions, such as buying and selling. The seller's solicitor will normally request it as part of the property search for conveyancing activities.

The PEC provides information regarding the Council's range of activities and responsibilities, including whether the property is subject to any statutory orders or notices.

Subject What is covered
Planning Details of constraints covering the property/area of land, for example, is the property listed, in a conservation area or site of archaeological interest or if the property/area of land is subject to an enforcement notice.
Adopted Local Plan Location specific policies that are relevant to that property/area.
Building Warrant If the property/area of land is subject to an enforcement notice.
Roads information Whether the road access is adopted by the Council for maintenance purposes and if the property is affected by any transport proposals.
Statutory notices Served under housing, environmental protection, food safety, public health and health and safety legislation.
Contaminated land Information on whether land is in the Contaminated Land register.
Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.