PESF is a new support programme offered by Argyll and Bute Council which is funded by the Scottish Government. It provides a more flexible and user-based model of delivery that supports parents into work as well as helping those already in work to increase their household income.
The programme provides:
- Person-centred help for parents to address their barriers to work, which might include a lack of skills or work experience, health support, money advice, confidence building or motivational support.
- Targeted support to help parents already in work through the provision of training and employability support to remain active in the workplace and gain progression through a rewarding career.
- Confidential income and money advice which includes:
- Benefit checks and help with any claim processes
- Better off calculations
- Help with debts, these can be a barrier to work
- Creation of a bespoke budget for the family
- Budgeting skills support to ensure long lasting effect
PESF aims to support parents to access or progress in work. It will provide appropriate and timely support to parents who within the targeted family groupings:
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Require support to access employment
- Require support to progress in work
Our Engagement Workers are keen to support parents that meet the following criteria:
- Lone Parents
- Parents with disabilities
- 3 or more children
- Minority Ethnic Families
- Youngest child under 1 year
- Parents age 25 years and less
They can support parents gain new skills, qualifications and assist with job applications and compiling a CV (due to Covid-19, contact is currently carried out remotely by telephone and on line. Frequency of support is based on individual need).
If you would like to find out how the Parental Employability Support Fund can help you, please contact:
Helensburgh and Lomond, Cowal and Bute
PESF Engagement Worker (East)
Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre
Direct Line: 01436 65 8781
Mid Argyll, Kintyre and the Islands, Oban, Lorn and the Isles
PESF Engagement Worker (West)
St. John Street
Campbeltown, PA28 6BJ
Direct Line: 01586 555915