Letting houses to Argyll and Bute Council

From time to time Argyll and Bute Council will require to lease properties to meet the temporary housing needs of people throughout Argyll and Bute.

The council currently manages in excess of 100 properties in this manner and is looking to increase its portfolio in certain geographical areas.

Argyll and Bute Council will:

  • Let and manage the property
    • Visit occupants on a regular basis
    • Ensure the property is being looked after by occupants
  • Pay rent in advance, direct to the landlord
    • No involvement for owners in the housing benefit process
    • No delays with occupants paying rent
  • Pay rent which will be set at the equivalent Local Housing Allowance level. Rent would be paid monthly in advance.
  • Provide a standard lease for the property for the landlord to agree with his/her legal representative.

For full information and contact details see our private sector rental information note.

Our Advice

  • With the Council guaranteeing an agreed rent and the condition of the property returned to you this is a great opportunity for landlords and owners to reduce their concerns about renting.
  • You must still register as a Private Landlord under the Private Landlord Registration Scheme and list Argyll and Bute Council as your agent.

If you require further general information please contact Housing Services on 01631567827 or 01631572196


Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.