Housing Associations

Argyll and Bute has various housing associations that can help with your housing needs.

HOME Argyll is shared by

Argyll Community Housing Association  is the largest Housing Association in Argyll and Bute.  Most properties are general needs homes, but the Association also has sheltered and amenity houses for older people. 

Dunbritton Housing Association has properties in the area, most are general needs homes, but there are also a small number of sheltered, amenity and wheelchair accessible properties. 

Fyne Homes is the second largest Housing Association in Argyll and Bute.  It has properties in mid Argyll, the Cowal and Kintyre Peninsulas and on the Isle of Bute. 

West Highland Housing Association  the Association has properties in the northern areas of Argyll and Bute and many in the Argyll islands.  The majority of properties are in Oban and the Isle of Mull. 

Cairn Housing Association  specialises in sheltered and amenity accommodation and has a complex in Campbeltown, providing housing support to an elderly client group.

Other housing associations operate across Scotland, and have some properties in Argyll and Bute.  These organisations all specialise in providing supported housing – for example for older people, specially adapted housing for people with disabilities, or supported housing for people with learning difficulties.  Prospective tenants should contact these associations direct

Key Housing  aims to provide housing in the community for adults with learning difficulties. The housing is a mixture of general needs rented and supported accommodation.  The association has properties in Cowal and Helensburgh. 

Margaret Blackwood  provides houses for rent and shared ownership throughout Scotland for disabled people and their families, for older people and for non-disabled people, all within mixed communities.  Properties are located in Oban, Tarbert and Campbeltown.

Bield Housing Association  has properties within Argyll and Bute, all of which are designed for older people.  All flats are self contained and designed for independent living for older people, being compact and easy to look after.  Properties are located in Rothesay, Dunoon, Oban, Helensburgh, Innellan, Kirn and Dunbeg.   

Trust Housing Association Trust Housing Association provides housing and support services for older people and others in need throughout Scotland.  Trust Housing Association has sheltered and amenity houses in Argyll and Bute.  All properties are self-contained and centrally heated.

Link Housing Association   has properties in Argyll and Bute.

Abbeyfield Societies   provide a comfortable homely environment for older people.   There are three Abbeyfield Societies in Argyll and Bute, at Kames, Carradale and Helensburgh. 

Cube Housing Association  In Argyll and Bute, the association has supported properties for people with special needs.  These properties area all in Dunoon, and are managed by Enable.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.