Five reasons to repair your tenement
- Tenements in better repair sell faster and are worth more – especially now every potential buyer sees the Home Report.
- You are doing your legal duty to maintain your property.
- Minor repairs not dealt with quickly can cause further and even more expensive problems.
- The cost of repairs tends to increase faster than inflation.
- If stones or slates or chimneys fall and hurt people, you will be legally responsible and could be sued.
For example - 60 Main Street, Campbeltown
"It was not just the state of repair of this building that was letting down the street, but the empty shop was a let down to passers-by. By working together, the owners managed to get a common repair scheme underway. Now one of the shops has been sold and new business has started up."
James Laffery - Campbeltown Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI) Project Officer