What is Helensburgh CARS?
The Helensburgh Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) is a jointly funded grant programme focussing on the regeneration of historical buildings as well as traditional skills training and community engagement.
Helensburgh CARS is jointly funded by Historic Environment Scotland and Argyll and Bute Council.
How much money is available?
The total grant fund available is £2million. Further details of grants and projects will be added here once the scheme starts.
What will the project do?
Argyll and Bute Council have recognised a need for greater economic development and regeneration activities within Helensburgh. The Helensburgh CARS will complement all of the prior investment and link all of the regeneration activity within the town. The main elements of the Helensburgh CARS are to:
- Strengthen and enhance the character of the historic sea front
- Upgrade key properties along West Clyde Street
- Complement previous regeneration activity and investment in the town
- Grant fund shopfront improvements
- Develop education and training initiatives
CARS Officer – Helensburgh
Helensburgh & Lomond Civic Centre
Telephone: 01436 657683
Mobile: 07551 685567