Public procession licence

Details of applicant
Full name of organiser
Including maiden name or any previous name by which you were known where appropriate.
Chief Steward
Full name of chief steward of the procession including any maiden or previous name where appropriate

The area offices for each area are as follows:-

Area Address Telephone
Mid Argyll & Kintyre Kilmory Castle, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RT 01546 604338
Islay Servicepoint, Jamieson Street, Bowmore, PA43 7HP 01496 301301
Oban Municipal Buildings, Albany Street, Oban, PA34 4AW 01631 567945
Bute and Cowal 22 Hill Street, Dunoon, PA23 7AP 01369 708662
Helensburgh and Lomond The Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre, East Clyde Street, Helensburgh, G84 7PG 01436 657621
Important notes – please read carefully
  1. To be lodged with the Area Committee Assistant for your area. For address, see form for details
  2. A copy of this notification will be sent to Strathclyde Police to enable them to comment on your proposed procession. In terms of the legislation, details of the proposed procession will be sent out to all persons in the 'opt in' list for the area. Details will be lodged in area offices. If necessary, consultation will also take place with other council departments and external bodies.
  3. As the organiser of your event, you should give the Council at least 28 days notice of your intention to hold a procession. If you cannot provide the notice needed, you should contact the office to apply for an exemption. We can only make an exemption in exceptional circumstances.
  4. You should read the code of conduct and fill in all sections of the form.
  5. We may ask you to complete a risk assessment form to be submitted with this notification. We will let you know if this is necessary.
  6. Please note that your notification may require to be dealt with by the area committee. In these circumstances this will result in this notification and any objections or representations becoming part of a public document.

The information collected on this form and from supporting evidence by Argyll and Bute Council will be used to process your application. The information may be passed to other Council Departments, Department for Work and Pensions, Employment Service and other Government Departments as permitted by law.

We may check the information provided by you, or information about you provided by a third party, with other information held by us. We may also get information from certain third parties, or give information to them to check the accuracy of information, to prevent or detect crime, or to protect public funds in other ways, as permitted by law. These third parties include Government Departments and Local Authorities.

Details of application will be placed in a public register available in our offices and on our website. We will not disclose information about you to anyone outside Argyll and Bute Council nor use information about you for other purposes unless the law permits us to.

Argyll and Bute Council is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you want to know more about what information we have about you, or the way we use your information, you can ask the council`s freedom of information officer.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Why wasn't this information helpful

Limit to 250 characters.