The Education Service Annual Plan has been prepared in compliance with the statutory guidance set out within the “Standards in Scotland’s Schools etc. Act 2000”, Published by Scottish Government in March 2017. The Argyll and Bute Annual Education Plan brings together a range of information from each of the areas of the Education Service in Argyll and Bute and replaces the Authority Standards and Quality Report. Our plan reaffirms our shared vision for Education Services of ambition, excellence and equality for all. The plan also details the changes required for continued improvements and success of children and young people within the Education Service in Argyll and Bute. The plan is ambitious and promotes the importance that Argyll and Bute Council places on the delivery of Education. The key drivers for improvements within the Education Service are the six key objectives from our Vision and Strategy Document Our Children, Their Future:
- Raise educational attainment and achievement for all;
- Use performance information to secure improvement for children and young people;
- Ensure children have the best start in life and are ready to succeed;
- Equip young people to sustain positive destinations and achieve success in life;
- Strengthen partnership working and community engagement, and
- Strengthen leadership at all levels.
The key objectives are core to our ambition of raising attainment and achievement.
This plan will be a core document for all involved in Education in Argyll and Bute as we implement our improvement strategy. The plan was approved at the Community Service Committee.