Everyone needs advice to allow them to make the right informed decision. In some cases, you might need more detailed advice to help resolve your problems. These could range from dealing with debt, accessing benefits, employment, legal or housing issues
The council’s advice service works with others to support vulnerable people in our communities and help partners carry out promotional work that will prevent people getting into debt.
In Argyll and Bute, impartial, confidential advice is available from a variety of national or local sources:
- Argyll and Bute Council provides free impartial, confidential advice on welfare rights, complex debt to particularly vulnerable clients, and homelessness;
- Independent advice agencies, including Argyll and Bute Citizens Advice Bureau and Bute Advice Centre;
- Argyll and Bute Advice Network (ABAN) is a directory of services, providing information and advice on a range of issues including benefits, housing, carers support, youth services and advice for older people;
- National helplines, including Citizens Advice Scotland; Money Advice Scotland and the National Debtline who provide on-line advice.
- Find a food bank in Argyll and Bute.
- Find out how we are working together to tackle poverty in Argyll and Bute.
For advice and support with welfare benefitsWelfare
Struggling with debt or money problems?Debt and Debt Counselling
Find out about and apply for benefitsBenefits and
Support for people affected by cancerMacMillan Welfare Rights Service
If you are homeless or about to become homelessHomelessness
Advice about money, family, daily life or your rightsCitizens Advice Bureau
Create your own personal budget plan here
Free and confidential advice on debt problemsMoney Advice Service
Take control of your finances with our budgeting toolBudget