The Learning Disability Service includes health and social work staff who work together to support people in our communities with Learning Disabilities, and their families and carers.
What we do
- We support adults with a learning disability to keep healthy and well
- We carry out assessments to help people work out what they need and help them plan for the future.
- We help people get support to look after themselves at home and learn new skills
- We will help people with short breaks from their family, if they need them
- We can help people find somewhere to live.
- We can give information about things to do and help people get out and about and meet others.
- We can help people look for a job.
- The Learning Disability Service will help people to use services like the doctor, the dentist the podiatrist and others.
- We work together with other organisations to provide a better service for people with learning disabilities.
- We offer training and education about learning disabilities.
We will provide people with specialist healthcare if they need it. This could be:
- Community Nursing
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy.
If you are looking to get in touch with the Learning Disability Service in Argyll and Bute, you can contact us in your area on the numbers below:
Bute and Cowal
Ellis Lodge, 5 Argyll Road, Dunoon, PA23 8ES
Tel: 01369 708494
Helensburgh and Lomond
Jeanie Deans Centre, Victoria Integrated Care Centre, 93 East King Street, Helensburgh G84 7BU
Tel: 01546 60 5517
Oban, Lorn and the Isles
Lorne Resource Centre, Soroba Road, Oban PA34 4HY
Tel: 01631 562725
Registered Manager - Jim Thorpe
Woodlands, Woodlands Drive, Campbeltown PA23 6JW
Tel: 01586 551164
Argyll and Bute Hospital, Blarbuie Road, Lochgilphead PA31 8LD
Tel: 01546 605605