What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ in regard to the personal data you provide to us. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the Council’s headquarters is at Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT. The email address is: email@example.com
We will collect information about you as detailed on the application form. However for the purposes of this specific service, the personal data we require includes special category information about you (also known as ‘sensitive personal data’ which may include race / ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health details.
When we are using this more sensitive type of personal information, our legal basis is usually that we require the information for reasons of substantial public interest for aims that are proportionate and which contain appropriate safeguarding measures.
The information requested will include the following:
- your name and contact details (address, phone number and e-mail address).
- criminal conviction history
- references from previous employers
- your bank details
- equal opportunities information such as gender and disabilities
Why we need this information?
Your information is being collected for the following purpose:
For inclusion on Argyll and Bute’s Education department’s supply staff list to allow you to work in Educational Establishments such as a school or nursery or with Argyll and Bute Adult Learning and Literacies Service.
We need to know this information in order to enter into a contract to allow you to work within these services and to establish our rights as detailed in the contract we have with you. If you do not provide this information then we will be unable to enter into a contract with you. We will not collect any personal data from you that isn’t needed.
The legal basis for collecting your information in these circumstances is:
Performance of a contract: You will be contracted to work in schools or nurseries in Argyll and Bute as a member of supply staff. Or you will be contracted to work with Argyll and Bute Adult Learning and Literacies Service in a variety of Community Based Venues.
- Employment Rights Acts 1996
- Equalities Act 2010
- The Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Act 2007 requires all people working in and around children to apply to be a member of this scheme prior to working with children.
What we will do with your information?
All of the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in the United Kingdom.
Your information will be shared with the recipients or categories of recipients listed below:-
- Disclosure Scotland for purposes of processing application forms. The application form has its own consent section which you need to sign prior to us sending it to them. If you do not sign this form you will not be able to work in any of our educational establishments or within Adult Learning Services.
- Your name and location will be shared with Educational Establishments in Argyll and Bute on a location basis as per your agreement on where you have advised us you are willing to work. This relates to supply staff working in schools and/or nurseries.
Your personal data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal obligation for us to do so.
You should also be aware that your data will be stored on servers located within the United Kingdom; the data will not be processed outside the European Union. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided in paper format on request to School Support on 01369 704000 or Adult Learning Team 01436 658741.
How long will we keep your information?
We will usually keep your information for a minimum of 1 year, after this period we will contact you and ask if you wish your information to be retained and take action as follows:
- if you do not want your information to be retained it will be destroyed under secure arrangements if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose for which it was obtained.
- if you do not reply your information will be securely destroyed.
- you may request to have your data removed at any time.
More information on our retention schedule is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk) or can be provided in paper format on request to School Support on 01369 704000 or Adult Learning Team 01436 658741.
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- to request access to your personal data
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
You can find out more about your rights in relation to data protection here: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/data-protection or from the Data Protection Officer by telephone or in writing, as detailed above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115 Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk