Your Personal Data
What information do we need?
Argyll and Bute Council will act as the ‘Data Controller’ in regard to the personal data you provide to us. The Council’s headquarters is at Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT. The Council’s Data Protection Officer is Iain Jackson who can be contacted at the above address or by email at email@example.com or by calling 01546 604188.
The information will include details such as your name, address, e-mail address, job title and business details.
In some case we may need to ask you for more personal information which is described in the legislation as Special Category Data or sensitive personal information.
Unless specifically agreed with you, we will only collect personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (also known as ‘sensitive personal data’).
Why we need this information?
You are giving us your personal information to allow us to register your business in the Business Gateway Local Growth Accelerator Programme.
We need to know this information in order:
- To assess eligibility for the programme
- To identify and deliver appropriate tailored support via the programme
- To comply with European Structural and Investment Funds 2014-2020 requirements for the retention of project records and documentation
- To verify your identity where required
- To contact you by post, email or telephone and
- To maintain our records
If you do not provide this information then we will be unable to provide support to you via the Business Gateway Local Growth Accelerator Programme. We will not collect any personal data from you that isn’t needed for delivery of services within the programme.
Our legal basis for processing your information:
- Contractual – the processing is necessary to take steps to enter into a contract with you to provide support under the Business Gateway Local Growth Accelerator Programme.
What we will do with your information?
In order to provide this service(s), we will share your information with the service / agencies listed below for the purposes specified (and also receive information from these other bodies)
- Business Gateway selected partners including workshop and specialist advice contractors appointed to our Framework Agreement for delivery of such services
- Other public bodies for the purpose of preventing or detecting fraud and providing support, including Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Scottish Government, Argyll and the Islands LEADER Programme and other departments within Argyll and Bute Council
UK or International Data Processing
All of the information we collect from you will be processed by staff in the United Kingdom. You should be aware that your data will be stored on servers located within the United Kingdom; the data will not be processed outside the European Union. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept securely and more information on how we do this is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk ) or can be provided in paper format on request to your service contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01546 604555.
How long will we keep your information?
We will usually keep your information for a minimum of 5 years, after this period it will be destroyed under secure arrangements if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. More information on our retention schedule is provided on the Council website (www.argyll-bute.gov.uk ) or can be provided in paper format on request to your service contact email@example.com or 01546 604555.
Automated Decision Making
There are no Automated Decision Making systems used for any of the purposes identified above
When you provide information to the Council, you will have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis specified above is consent
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
- to request access to your personal data
- to data portability, where the Legal basis specified above is i) consent or ii) performance of a contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
The Council’s Data Protection Officer will ensure that personal information is handled in compliance with data protection law, contact details are noted in the first paragraph of this notice.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115