On Monday 17 May, we expect mainland Scotland will be in Level 2 and Argyll and Bute’s outer islands will be in Level 1.
Community and village halls will be able to restart activities which are permitted in those levels.
In order for halls to re-open and operate safely, the Community Group or Appointed Organiser should take the following steps:
- Appoint a COVID-responsible person.
- Conduct a risk assessment and put control measures in place to protect users. The Scottish Government has published advice for multi-purpose community facilities.
- Check that any proposed uses of the hall are permitted in your local Level, by referring to the Scottish Government’s guidance.
- Check that anyone who books to use the hall has made a risk assessment for their own activity and is following the Scottish Government guidance.
- The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) has lots of good advice and resources specifically aimed at voluntary organisations.
Our regulatory services officers are happy to assist you with any questions you might have if you can’t find the answer from checking the links above.
Feel free to contact us on: 01546 605519 or email: email@example.com.