Businesses in the hospitality and other sectors are being encouraged to collect customer and visitor details in accordance with new Scottish Government guidance.
The guidance sets out how to collect individual, minimal, contact details in a safe and secure manner which is compliant with data protection legislation. This will assist NHS Scotland in responding to outbreaks of COVID-19. The measure will form part of the national effort to suppress COVID-19, and support the country to return to a more normal way of life.
The guidance applies to the following sectors from Wednesday, 15 July:
- Indoor hospitality settings;
- Places of worship re-opening for congregational services and communal prayer and contemplation;
- Museums, galleries, monuments, libraries, various other visitor attractions, cinemas (including drive-ins and venues screening films);
- Hairdressers and barbers;
- Attendance at funerals, marriage ceremonies and civil partnership registrations; and
- From 22 July, other personal retail services such as beauticians and tailors.