Disability Confident is a Government scheme that is designed to help employers recruit and retain disabled people and people with health conditions for their skills and talent.
Argyll and Bute Council has been recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.
As a Disability Confident Employer, the Council:
- Actively looks to attract and recruit disabled people.
- Provides a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
- Guarantees an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Is flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job.
- Proactively offers and makes reasonable adjustments as required.
- Encourages our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident.
- Ensures employees have appropriate disability equality awareness.
This means we keep and develop our people by:
- Promoting a culture of being Disability Confident
- Supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- Making sure there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff
- Making sure managers are aware of how they can support employees who are sick or absent from work
- Valuing and listening to feedback from disabled staff.
You can find out more about Disability Confident here: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/