- To provide a happy, caring and nurturing environment where the children feel safe and secure and can thrive.
- To help children to develop their confidence and independence.
- To provide high quality play and learning experiences and care for all children following the Curriculum for Excellence and the Argyll and Bute Learning and Development Framework.
- To provide an exciting and stimulating indoor and outdoor environment to encourage a positive attitude to learning.
- To promote close, positive and supportive relationships with families and share the learning and daily activities and interests of their children via seesaw.
- To explore our wider outdoor area and promote exciting and meaningful outdoor learning experiences
- To make positive links with the school and wider community.
- Values and Ethos
At Kilmartin ELC we provide high quality education and care for children and their families in a beautiful and historic rural setting 3 full days a week.
We have a strong outdoor learning ethos and believe the outdoors is a rich learning environment which also promotes our wellbeing.
The stimulating environment of the nursery and nursery grounds gives children opportunities to enjoy meaningful learning and play experiences. Located next to historic sites and beautiful woodland areas provides exciting opportunities to explore our community and play and learn outside.
At Kilmartin we promote creativity and give children the opportunities to be imaginative, critical thinkers. We strive to help children develop confidence independence and a positive sense of self.
The happy, caring atmosphere allows children to feel safe and secure so they can develop and learn to the best of their abilities. We promote positive behaviour and encourage children to understand each other’s feelings. Children learn to care for and respect themselves and those around them, to be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and to inequalities associated with race, gender and ability. We promote healthy eating, providing a range of tasty and healthy snacks and cooking opportunities for children.
We support children to learn to care for and respect themselves, others and their wider community.
We work closely with parents and carers as we believe that the child’s learning and achievement is a partnership that we should all be part of.