Funding and support
Support - find information and resources to help with compiling your funding application, and get links to organisations that offer support in taking your project ideas forward
Funding - find out about council funding initiatives and popular funding streams, including lottery funding, funding for arts, science and technology, funding for sport, the Big Lottery Fund, and Scottish Natural Heritage.
Information that would support your application
This section contains links to information that might support your funding applications
- Introduction to Argyll and Bute
- Quick Facts and Figures about Argyll and Bute
- Population: Where We Live
- Where to find more information about Argyll and Bute
- Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation 2009: Argyll and Bute
- Population projections for Argyll and Bute: NRS 2010-based population projections
- Quick Facts and Figures about Argyll and Bute
- Argyll and Bute Area Profiles
Business Plan Toolkit
This section contains links to download help files that can help when developing a Business Plan
Organisations who may be able to offer support
This section contains a list of organisations who may be able to offer support in taking your project ideas forward.
Argyll & Bute Council contacts who can help support your organisation
Pre-5 Organisations (Argyll & Bute Wide) –
- Community Services, Early Years. Tel: 01369 708503. Email:
Family Information service (Argyll & Bute Wide) –
- Sheena Stewart, Community Services, Family Services. Tel: 01369 708517. Email: Sheena.Stewart@argyll-bute.gov.uk
Sport Specific (Argyll & Bute Wide) -
- Jillian Gibson, Community Sports Hub Development Officer, Tel:01631567892. Email:Jillian.Gibson@argyll-bute.gov.uk
Social Enterprise (Argyll & Bute Wide) –
Community Development (Argyll & Bute Wide) -
- Mid Argyll, Kintyre and Islay, Bute and Cowal, Oban, Lorn and the Isles area for general enquiries. Tel : 01546 604555 email@example.com for local contacts click Business Gateway Team
- Business Gateway- Helensburgh and Lomond area- The Business Gateway service is provided from the Helensburgh office. Tel : 01546 604555 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Sector contacts who can help support your organisation
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO)
Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh, EH3 6BB
General enquiries Tel: 0131 474 8000
- Voluntary Action Scotland VAS. Unit 6, Callendar business Park, Callendar Road, Falkirk. FK1 1XR. Email : email@example.com. General enquiries Tel: 01324 692025.
Other Agency contacts who can help support your organisation
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
The Enterprise Centre, Kilmory Industrial Estate, Lochgilphead, PA31 8SH
Tel: 01546 602281 Fax: 01546 603964
- Scottish Enterprise
Atrium Court, 50 Waterloo Street, Glasgow, G2 6HQ
Tel: 0141 248 2700, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Rural Network
The Scottish Rural Network (SRN) supports and promotes rural development through the sharing of information, ideas and good practice. For assistance contact the appropriate staff here. If you have a comment or question please email email@example.com or call 0131 244 2230.
- Argyll and the Islands LEADER Programme is a rural development initiative which is being delivered under the Scotland Rural Development Programme (SRDP).
Other Agencies that offer funding support
- Argyll, Lomond & the Islands Energy Agency (ALIenergy) are a local agency that promotes better use of energy and local energy resources throughout Argyll, Lomond and the Islands.
- Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) is a registered charity that works to create greater value for charities and social enterprise.
- Development Trusts Association Scotland - The national body for development trusts in Scotland.
- Directory of Social Change is the leading source of information and training to voluntary and community sectors worldwide.
- www.fundraising.co.uk for free news, guides and information on fundraising.
- Historic Scotland is an executive agency of the Scottish Government and are charged with safeguarding the nation’s historic environment and promoting its understanding and enjoyment.
- Institute of Fundraising is the professional body that represents fundraisers in the UK.
- The Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust provides financial and professional support to young people in Scotland, aged 18 to 25, so they can set up and run their own business.
- Scottish Investment Bank supports the development of Scotland’s private sector SME funding market to ensure both early stage and established businesses with growth and export potential have adequate access to growth capital.
- Skills Development Scotland - their Flexible Training Opportunities scheme gives Scottish businesses with up to 150 employees the opportunity to apply for up to £5,000 towards employee training costs.
- West of Scotland Loan Fund is a unique consortium of twelve west of Scotland Local Authorities working together to provide loan finance to new and existing small to medium sized enterprises within the west of Scotland.