The Argyll and the Islands Community Led Local Development (CLLD) Fund has been provided by the Scottish Government as a replacement for the previous EU rural development fund LEADER. It is part of the Scottish Government's CLLD programme. The delivery will be overseen by the Argyll and the Islands Local Action Group (LAG) and will be administered Argyll and Bute Council as the Accountable Body. The principles of bottom up, partnership, integration, innovation, co-operation, networking, and area-based approaches will apply to the fund.
This is an annual grant and all expenditure must be completed by 31st March 2023. This includes payment of claims by the Accountable Body, so projects must have all spend and final claim into the Accountable Body by 17th March 2023.
The programme can fund both revenue and capital projects, (the capital element is a maximum 30% of the fund).
Projects must demonstrate that activity will advance, inclusion, equality, and diversity, and support the main fund priorities for 2022/23. However, projects need to include actions to support and deliver on the first three Scottish Government priorities listed below (i.e. alleviation of rural poverty, net zero and climate emergency and COVID-19 recovery):
- Rural Poverty (especially child and fuel poverty)
- Net Zero and Climate
- COVID Recovery
- Young Person’s Guarantee, Green Skills and Fair Work
- Community wealth building
- Local democracy and governance, community empowerment
- Wellbeing Economy
- Inclusive growth (includes Community-Led Tourism)
- The National Islands Plan
- Rural Entrepreneurial activity
- Testing how the reach of the LAG network can advance the National Strategy for Economic Transformation and Regional Land Use Partnerships
- Constituted Community Groups
- Third sector organisations
- Public Sector Organisations
Grants size: £20,000 to £75,000
Grant requests of up to 90% of project costs will be considered (requiring at least 10% match funding).
Eligible expenditure: All eligible expenditure must be fully spent by 28th February 2023.
How to apply
Application forms are available. For further information and an application form, please contact CLLD@argyll-bute.gov.uk