Argyll and Bute Council has approved funding for a shopfront improvement scheme in Campbeltown town centre. It is hoped that the scheme can build on the success of the Campbeltown CARS and THI by assisting both existing businesses and new businesses to further improve the appearance of the town centre. Businesses located within the designated grant area (please see map below) can apply for grant funding up to a maximum of £5,000 to assist with the repair or refurbishment of their shopfront. The grant intervention rate will be up to 75% of the total eligible costs.
How to apply
To make an enquiry, or apply, please contact:
3 Harvey's Lane, Burnside Square, Campbeltown
Tel: 01586 559048
Mob: 07900 888784
What works are eligible?
Grants are available for external works only, such as:
- Painting of shopfronts.
- Installation or replacement of shop fascia signs or the installation of hanging signs.
- Repair or reinstatement of architectural details such as; window mouldings, timber entrance doors, inner doors or timber panelled storm doors.
- Repairs to timber shopfronts.
- Installation, repair or replacement of canopies will be considered if valid reasons for their use can be shown.
- Repair or reinstatement of cornice, console brackets, or plinths etc.
- Other works will be considered on a case by case basis.
Please read our Guidance Notes for more information about the scheme
Further information about shopfront / advertising design principles is available in our Local Development Plan (Supplementary Guidance) and the Planning Technical Working Note - Advertisement and Signage, or by contacting the Planning Department on 01546 605518
Designated area eligible for scheme
Please click on the map for a larger image or to download as a PDF
Some examples of previous shopfront improvements