An Activity Agreement is a plan of learning and activity which a trusted professional will help a young person put together, so that they’re ready to move on from this to further education, training or employment. It can include volunteering, short courses, supported learning and practical experience including work experience placements.
Young people on Activity Agreements may be eligible for an Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA).
Who is eligible for an Activity Agreement?
Young People are eligible if they:
- have left school.
- are unable or unready to access other options after leaving school because of problems such as prolonged absence from school, disabilities or learning difficulties.
- are aged between 16 and 19
- have additional support needs
- have been in care or had support from a Social Worker
- look after someone else at home
- tried college or a job, and didn’t manage to keep going
- have other problems that make life difficult
For more information about Activity Agreements please email firstname.lastname@example.org.