This half day workshop offers dedicated time for social work staff and key partners to become familiar with the neglect toolkit guidance, assessment tools and recording documents and consider its use in practice. Built into this workshop is focused time for participants to apply learning to practice and produce a plan for an individual assessment that can be taken forward following this session.
Argyll & Bute Child Protection Committee adopted the Neglect Toolkit in 2015 (previously referred to as the Graded Care Profile) and one of their practice standards is that the Neglect Toolkit should be used with all families who are subject to a child protection registration where neglect is an issue. The toolkit is designed to help:
- Identify early, children whose needs are being insufficiently met placing them at risk of achieving poor educational, emotional and social outcomes.
- Engage parents in looking at their parenting using pictures and descriptions that help discussions, keep focus on their child and provide an opportunity for working together and agreeing required actions.
- Focus on the main areas of concern – when things can seem overwhelming and chaotic.
- Benchmark what change, if any, occurs over time.
- Staff feel more confident in making judgements and decisions that they can share with other agencies.
- Clarify when conversations should take place between partner agencies and when additional services are required, including social work services.
- Deliver better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Children and families social work staff, midwives and health visitors who are required to lead and contribute to the assessment.
Lead professionals of children’s plans who can utilise the toolkit to share information about children who are suspected to be at risk of harm from neglect, contribute to the assessment process and assist in clarifying when conversations should take place between partner agencies and when additional services are required including social work services.
All A&B interagency training courses are free. Those unable to attend must advise us on 01546 604167 in advance. A £30 administration fee applies to all those who fail to attend without notice.
WHEN & WHERE
Thursday 17th May 2018
TO BOOK A PLACE:
Please book online at: