This training is for people who have a management or designated responsibility for child protection within their agency. In particular those who:
- Have a lead role in referring child protection concerns to police or social work
- Have a lead responsibility for implementing child protection procedures and policies within their organisation or setting
- Are directly involved, or support staff’s, involvement in multi-agency child protection reporting, investigations and planning processes.
- Have a responsibility for ensuring staff and volunteers in their organisation are confident and competent in recognising and responding to child protection concerns
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about and reflect on:
- The strategic and operational approach to child protection in Argyll & Bute.
- The role and responsibilities of a designated person for child protection.
- Police & Social Work’s expectations of you and your agencies contributions to multi-agency child protection reporting, investigations and planning processes.
- Multi-agency guidance and protocols for assessing risks and responding to children and young people’s support needs.
- Evaluating single and multi-agency interventions
- Supporting the child protection learning and development needs of staff.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training is for managers and designated child protection co-ordinators from statutory and third sector organisations who have a role in managing their agencies involvement in multi-agency child protection procedures and practices. It targets people working in the Intensive Contact Workforce within the national child protection knowledge and skills framework: http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/child-protection-training-levels
TO BOOK A PLACE:
Please book online at http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/child-protection-training-programme
For course information contact Alex Honeyman, interagency trainer on 07833058953 or email@example.com
You will be sent an email a week or so before the training confirming course details, if you don't receive this please get in touch, as there may be time or venue changes you need to know about.
All A&B interagency training courses are free. Those unable to attend must advise us on 01546 604316 in advance. A £30administration fee applies to all those who fail to attend without notice.
You can get a full copy of our Training Programme at www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/abcpc