This half day workshop aims to raise awareness of the purpose and function of the Child Protection Case Conference and Core Group Meetings to increase understanding and effective participation. The workshop will engage participants in considering:
- Roles in Case Conference and Core Group Meetings: their own, inter-agency and the family/child.
- The purpose and function of the Case Conference and Core Groups.
- Their own presenting skills, how information/assessment is analysed and potentially how decisions are reached within the Case Conference.
- The needs and rights of the family/child in the Case Conference and Core Group processes.
- The shared responsibility of core group members in driving the child protection plan forward and how to challenge drift and inactivity.
To BOOK A PLACE:
Please book online at http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/child-protection-training-programme or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to discuss course content please contact Alex Honeyman, interagency trainer on 07833058953
You will be sent an email a week or so before the training confirming course details. If you don't receive this please get in touch, as there may be time or venue changes you need to know about.
All A&B interagency training courses are free. Those unable to attend must advise us on 01546 604167 in advance. A £30 administration fee applies to all those who fail to attend without notice.