This 2 hour training aims to raise awareness of the purpose and function of the Child Protection Case Conference and Core Group, to increase understanding and effective participation. (Please note the revised national Child Protection in Scotland Guidance 2021 published earlier this month has renamed child protection case conferences to child protection planning meetings. We’ll give an update at the training on plans for implementing this change in A&B)
The training will engage participants in:
- Considering everybody’s roles in the child protection case conference and core group: your role, other agencies and the family/child.
- The purpose and function of the case conference and core group.
- Reflecting on your own presenting skills and how information is analysed and decisions reached within the case conference.
- The needs and rights of the family/child in the case conference and core group processes.
- The shared responsibility of core group members in driving the child protection plan forward and how to challenge drift and inactivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for people working with children and/or their parents who are asked to participate in child protection planning meetings and core groups as part of their professional role. For more information visit: https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/child-protection-t...
TO BOOK A PLACE:
You will be sent an email a week or so before the training with the joining link. If you don't receive this please get in touch.
You can get a full copy of our Training Programme at www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/abcpc