This half day workshop aims to raise awareness of the purpose and function of the Child Protection Case Conference and Core Group Meetings to increase understanding and effective participation. The workshop will engage participants in:
- Considering roles in Case Conference and Core Group Meetings: their own, inter-agency and the family/child.
- The purpose and function of the Case Conference and Core Groups.
- Reflecting on their own presenting skills and how information is analysed and decisions reached within the Case Conference.
- The needs and rights of the family/child in the Case Conference and Core Group processes.
- The shared responsibility of core group members in driving the child protection plan forward and how to challenge drift and inactivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for people working with children and/or their parents who are asked to participate in child protection case conference and core groups as part of their professional role. For more information visit: https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/child-protection-t...
TO BOOK A PLACE:
Please book online at http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/child-protection-training-programme or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to discuss course content please contact Alex Honeyman, interagency trainer on 07833058953
You will be sent an email a week or so before the training confirming course details. If you don't receive this please get in touch, as there may be time or venue changes you need to know about.
Please note all CPC interagency training courses are free but a £30 non-attendance fee applies if places are booked and not cancelled in advance of the course starting. To avoid this charge please let us know as soon as possible if you can’t attend at email@example.com or 01546 604316.
You can get a full copy of our Training Programme at www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/abcpc