The course covers how to recognise and report situations where there might be a need for protection, and communicating with children. It is particularly relevant for people with no previous child protection experience or those who want to use this as a first step to further training in this area.
- Understand what is meant by ‘it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect children’
- Be familiar with current legislation and policy
- Understand child abuse and recognise child protection concerns
- Know what to do if you have a concern about a child
- Understand methods of communication with children according to age and stage of development
- Be more confident about talking with and listening to children.